Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Handmade Brambly Hedge Mice

I happened onto a book about ten years ago with patterns for making these mice.  I did not use the recommended felt fabric for the characters.  Instead I upcycled a silk tie from the thrift store for the groom's vest.  His suit is a light weight herringbone wool upcycled from the thrift store.  The "bones" of the mice are made from pipe cleaners and their skin is a faux suede fabric.  I used cotton lawn and french lace to dress the Bride.  The rest of the bridal party is a bit more "dressed down".  It gives a "country mouse" feel to their wedding.  The mice were all sewn together by finger stitching.  So this is truly a handmade project.  I thought I would share their pictures and hope others enjoy them as much as I have.






No comments:

Post a Comment